Sunday, November 16, 2008

Dear Ms. FPC, I Need Help!!

I don't claim to be anyone other than who I am, nor anything more than I am - human. I'm fallible, subject to the consequences of my own actions and I mess up. I am growing and gaining wisdom, but I am not the end-all, be-all, know-it-all of relationships. However, as a product of and informant to the people, I'll do my best to help readers out. Check out a recent session I had with a facebook friend of mine!

Q: I'm wondering, can I have a boyfriend and like someone else?

FPC: Yes! You definitely can lol.

Q: Well, that's the situation I'm in. What should I do?

FPC: Begin with the end in mine. What's the best/worst that can happen? No matter who you choose, if that's what you're puzzling, be honest. If you sneak behind your boyfriend's back, he'll feel betrayed and you could lose a good friend. If you lead the other guy on, he'll feel like you're playing games, and again you could lose a potential friend.

Q: They're both aware of each other.

FPC: I'm the wrong person to ask! Lol, I'll advise that you let it 'do what it do'. Honestly, at the end of the day the only person's whose happiness you control is yours. May I ask, who do you like more?

Q: I'm attracted to them both. Crazy thing is, they're connected.

FPC: I've been here myself. This special friend of yours should understand that his future with you is negotiable, that he's walking in on something that has a history behind it.

Q: My boyfriend and the other guy are friends. "New boo" said that if anything ever happened it's going to cause a rift in their friendship. God forbid...

FPC: Halt! Don't push the envelope and reveal the winner of this fight! The last thing you want to do is come between them, or have him come between something you and your man have forged. The stakes are obviously high and you don't want anyone to get hurt.

Q: True, you're so right. Do you think this new guy and I should be friends, despite the sexual attraction between us?

FPC: Girl, you're dangerous! You don't want lust to be the basis for any friendship with a man. Trust me. Stop while you're still ahead.

Q: Yeah, you're right. Thanks!

FPC: You're more than welcome hun. I hope everything works out for you and yours!

No comments: