Saturday, October 11, 2008

BURN THiS B!TCH D0WN: T.I.'S PAPER TRAiL iS SUPAH H0TT!!

I'm always last on the bandwagon. Not in a literal sense, but I hate to be one who follows the crowd. I have to do me, my way. Shit, I'm stubborn. It's been that way for umpteen years in Courtney's World so nay-sayers be cautious. Anyway, I was a little more than reluctant to purchase T.I.'s Paper Trail because I CANNOT STAND T.I. Now I will be the first to admit the he earned and is more than due his share of respect for this album. He's about to hit them cold hard bars and it's a little ironic that he leaves this paper trail before heading to the penitentiary but hey - everybody ain't Pac. Point is, I finally listened to this nigga's newest drop and I must say that I'm proud of Mr. Clifford Harris. I can bump it and declare this year's top albums as follows, in order of release and not lyrical talent:
Lil' Wayne - Tha Carter III
Young Jeezy - The Recession
T.I. - Paper Trail
No need for an actual criticism; fans and hataz both can find something they like. My personal favorite is the more than cocky, always conceited and self-appointed king's anthem "My Life Your Entertainment" featuring A-Town's finest Usher. Uhh!! Stamps of approval for that one!! What bothered me, for lack of a better expression, was his joint with Ludacris. Yes, I think grown men, especially artists, should be able to put aside differences or if need be express them lyrically the way beef should be handled. However, I know Chris Luva Luva would whoop his lil yella ass in a battle! so it bothers me that the two have called a truse. I don't believe a dime of it. Anyway, I'm sure all of you hip hop headz have heard the topic of discussion but in case you're like me and haven't, go 'right on ahead...




http://www.imeem.com/backyy/playlist/5Udt8plp/ti_paper_trail_music_playlist/


DEFiNiTiON 0F THE DAY (for the LD)
Paper trail (n.): A written record, history, or collection of evidence; the records left by a person or organization in the course of activities

No comments: