Thursday, October 9, 2008

A VACANCY iN ECSTASY HAS BEEN FULFiLLED!! USHER THE KiNG 0F R-n-B?

When I first heard Usher's single "Trading Places" I fell in love with every single lyric. It's waaaayyy more than eargasmic!! Each word that left his lips inched me closer and closer to well... I could have raped him in my mind. Let's just say there will be plenty of panties on stage when he hits tour! I'm an artist and I know exactly what good art is. I'm also a Cancer and I know what good _ _ _ is. All I'll divulge is this: I was about to fall on the floor, absolutely weak-kneed and on the threshold of Heaven's door when the music wound down. Usher has all my votes for Best Male Artist of the Year!!! What's most satisfying (and ladies and gentlemen, I am a self-proclaimed insatiable adventurist) is how, when put into visual words, the song absolutely becomes your life!! Not only are you drawn to the screen, you're inside it. Usher is taking you there and by God! - you don't wanna leave. Many times a video doesn't do the actual song itself justice, or vice versa. In my opinion it's a combination of "Bedtime" and "Can You Handle It" with a nicer tempo, and the creative filming of "Naked" although much racier and risque. I could go on for days and days about this but there's nothing like seeing to believe so here is the masterpiece I can't take my eyes off...

Enjoy.




With that being said, Usher, in my eyes, is the King of R-n-B. Yes, there was my all-time fave R. Kelly. No one will ever take his place but if you've been checking ole buddy's roster lately you'll know that it's about time for ya man Kellz to let it go. We'll get to him in another episode; he deserves his very own entry *rolls eyes*. Anyway, I digress. After Confessions he had my complete and total attention. No, I'm not attracted to him although hundreds of thousands of women would love to see him up close and unclothed. I wouldn't. Up until this video I sort of thought he was gay. Yes, homosexual and not even hiding it well. I have my reasons people so don't hate. And unless he's America's Next Best Actor, ole girl in the video needs an Oscar 'cause she hid that sh!t too well. Kudos and *Applause* to those two for putting on a show. Facts are as follows: Usher's been in the game longer than many of his fans have been alive (my 8-year-old cousin Daesha would eat him alive!); he's grown onset and offset, matured very well in front of the camera; do you know how many copies of Confessions he sold?
; do you know how many albums period he's sold? Do your work, do your research. Do whatever you gotta do to knock my theory but until I'm declaring him as Man of the Year.
~1

No comments: