Saturday, October 11, 2008

N0T QUiTE NEW BUT YOU MiGHT LiKE iT T00

I've been up on British and more broadly, European artists, since I first had a radio. Sorry guys, but light-skinned people make some fye ass ish. It's my job to let you know that there's more to music than East Coast - West Coast beef, Uptown mess and Midwest swings, and even Dirty South this-and-that. The celebs beyond our boarders are making a big break on American music charts, so wake up and pay close attention. Lend your ear to some of the hardest sounds you'll hear.




Listen here: Katy Perry -"I Kissed A Girl Remix ft. MIMS"



This is my dude! I loves James Morrison. When unknown member of said group broke my heart back in December (the first of many more times) I'd sit in my room and cry or write to this guy. Below you'll find the link to a much happier tune, however. You may remember it from an episode of "The Hills" last season.



Listen here: James Morrison -"You Give Me Something"



This is pretty aged but with Jay-Z's guest appearance M.I.A. is really starting to get the recognition she deserves. I like the chick. Now, Santigold... will def-...-initely have to grow on me! Lol. And btw - it's edited. Sorry for that too.




Listen here: M.I.A. - "Boyz ft. Jay-Z"



Speaking of Mr. Breaking Hearts, n!99a!! Adele is the new face of "blue-eyed soul" as far as I'm concerned. She sang right into my soul, walked into my world of musical amazement and wonder when I saw her on VH1's morning countdown. I'm sure everyone's heard this one before.




Listen here: Adele - "Chasing Pavements"


All pictures can be found using Google image search and all sound clips/songs can be found using Imeem music search.

No comments: