Tuesday, October 7, 2008

REALLY Ni99A?? HiP H0P H0N0RS RUNWAY

Though not a native Atlantan, I am quite the fan of almost anything Atlanta-born or bred. (Who didn't love the booty shaking mixes of DJ Smurf or Kizzy Rock before the earlier became Mr. Colli Park? Or the era of "snap rap" with D4L's own Fabo actin' a fool everywhere he was seen? The Bankhead bounce? Whoop Rico?) I won't say anyone because although I currently own a copy of T.I.'s new LP "Paper Trail" I haven't listened to the first melody, simply because I don't care for him. I don't particularly care for that Kermit-impersonator accomplice of his, Young Dro, either. Anyway, two of my personal ATL favorites are rapper Lil' Scrappy and BME representa Lil' Jon, and their ever-catchy crunk smash "Forever I Love Atlanta (F.I.L.A.)" is an all-time classic in my book of southern rap tunez. However, DID WE ALL SEE A FILA-CLAD JONATHON MORTIMER SMITH MONKEYING AROUND AT VH1'S 2008 Hip Honors Awards?? I think we did. A damn shame, in the politest and most respectful sense of course. It seems like everyone in the entertainment business endorses some major clothing company in some form or more appropriately, fashion, but COME ON!! FILA?? I thought it was another designer's dream that had bitten the dust until Louisiana's Hurricane Chris and apparently Atlanta's Lil' Jon appeared on the scene raising from the dead a few rags of long-forgotten FILA. Yes, Scrappy's single sent a craze over youngsterz and inspired a short-lived "revamp" of those ugly azz sneakers. I know plenty of many Grady Babies who feel that Mr. Smith put on fa the muhf%$kin' city but to see that dread-head prancing around stage in a patriotically-themed ensemble from FILA... This ni99a really did wear that on national tv.




Huddle up and bow your heads because the Hip Hop community can't allow this to happen again.

Photo available at http://www.vh1.com.

No comments: